A Brief Guide to St Giles' Parish Church Wrexham
The church is one of the finest examples of ecclesiastical architecture to be found in Wales. There is documentary evidence of a church here as early as the 11th century, though the building in its present form dates mainly from the end of the 15th and the beginning of the 16th centuries. The tower, 135 feet high, was complete in 1506. The church is dedicated to St. Giles, although it may have been dedicated formerly to the Celtic Saint Silin or Silyn.